Is removing Removing the penis from the vagina.

I'm in a relationship with someone, and there have been times with did not use a condom. He just pulled his penis out of me, and we just press against one another until he has his organism. I want to know is that safe, because the condoms sometimes cause me to break out in a rash.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your questions. When we're talking about the levels of risk through intercourse (vaginal or anal), there is no one answer since several variables actually determine the true level of risk.

Both pre-cum and semen contain high concentrations of HIV. Semen is however a riskier body fluid because you are normally exposed to a greater quantity of semen as compared to pre-cum. Does that mean that pre-cum is totally safe? No! But we can say that the more infectious body fluid you are exposed to, the greater the likelihood of transmission. So, you can become infected by pre-cum alone, but you are much more likely to become infected if the guy ejaculates in you, since you're exposed to a much greater quantity of his body fluid.

Of course, the virus must also be able to get into the bloodstream through some type of open sore, abrasion, etc. The more openings that HIV has to get into your bloodstream, the greater your risk would be. So the more cuts, abrasions, or open sores in the vagina or the rectum, the greater the risk would be. Also the presence of certain other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (for example Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis or Herpes), may make it easier for HIV to enter the other persons bloodstream, and the risk for HIV infection would therefore increase.

Without ejaculation, there still is some risk of getting infected through vaginal or anal intercourse, but the risk would be much greater if the man ejaculated in his partner. So rather than saying high risk vs. low risk, it's actually a spectrum of risk.

NO EXPOSURE TO PRE-CUM OR SEMEN: no risk as far as HIV is concerned.

EXPOSURE TO PRE-CUM ONLY: low risk (but still technically possible). The more pre-cum you get exposed to, the greater the risk would be.

EXPOSURE TO BOTH PRE-CUM AND SEMEN: risky, especially if there are cuts/open sores in the vagina or rectum. The more semen you're exposed to, and the more cuts/abrasions in the vagina/rectum, the greater the risk.

Regarding the risks for the inserting partner during intercourse:

Basically, the same principals apply as described above, that is, the more vaginal secretions and menstrual blood that he is exposed to, and the more cuts and open sores on his penis (even microscopic ones), the greater the chance of infection. Also, if he has other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, or Herpes, his risk increases as well, since it would be easier for HIV to enter his bloodstream.

So again, we're talking about a spectrum of risk. And by the way.....A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER is that there doesn't necessarily have to be ejaculation to be infected with other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). For example, if you have intercourse with a man, and that man has gonorrhea, you could get infected with gonorrhea (vaginally, anally, or even in the throat), whether the man ejaculates or not. Gonorrhea can cause a discharge that can be very infectious if it gets into the throat, penis, rectum, or vagina. So things that may be lower risk for HIV (having intercourse without ejaculation) may be high risk for other diseases, like gonorrhea.

In regards to your concerns about getting a rash from condoms:

Some people have an allergy to latex, which can cause symptoms like itching, rashes, etc. In cases such as this, a good alternative is polyurethane condoms. These condoms are specifically marketed for persons allergic to latex.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "nvhotline@aol.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!

Watersports/Scat
ORAL SEX