What are the risks from "Grinding"

I've heard of gay men practicing a term called docking, which is grinding two penis's together. With a hetrosexual version of this, is to grind the penis against the vigina without having intercourse. I've recently done this with a high risk women, but I did not do it for a long period of time, maybe one minute. Should I be concerned?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question:

"Grinding" involves direct genital-to-genital contact (or direct genital-to-anal contact) without penetration. This can involve direct penis-to-penis contact, penis-to-anus contact, or penis-to-vagina contact. This activity is normally low risk for HIV, since this would not be an efficient transmission of the virus. Realistically speaking, it would be unlikely that you would be infected with HIV from this activity. However, several other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be transmitted through genital or anal grinding, including (but not limited to) herpes, genital/anal warts, and syphilis (especially if your partner is having symptoms of these diseases). So although grinding is low risk for HIV, there is a potential risk for other STDs.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Secondary prevention and fear of infecting others
Hickeys and the risks for HIV