Risk of getting fingered by a guy

A boyfriend of mine came over to my house and somehow managed to get a small cut on his finger from my gate. I didnt notice this till after he had "fingered" me, I cant remember for sure if that was even the finger he used, but the idea that hiv COULD infect me by his finger inside my body is tormenting me day and night. I do not know if he even has the virus or not, he is generally very particular about using condoms, but is there high risk of hiv entering my body in that way, the vagina is a mucous membrane.... thanks Dr.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question.

As long as the guy did not have any noticeable semen or blood on his hands, realistically speaking, you were at low risk of infection for HIV. It is extremely important that you do not convince yourself that you have HIV, based on theoretical possibilities or fear. Doing so can easily cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

HIV from a Lap Dance?
Using the same condom with multiple partners