HIV from a Lap Dance?

Is is possible to get HIV from a lap dance, where a stipper "grinds" her body against yours. While I realize that we both are clothed, I'm concerned given the close contact of both of our mid sections.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. Put very simply, I am not aware of any cases of HIV being transmitted through a lap dance of any type. It is extremely important that you do not convince yourself that you have HIV, based on theoretical possibilities, fear, or guilt. Doing so can easily cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Tooth cavities, oral sex, and HIV transmission
Risk of getting fingered by a guy