Signs of HIV

Hi. I was wondering if the signs of HIV infection showed before 3 months or after the three months from point of contact. What should I be looking for? Could I have HIV without any symptoms? If not, what symptoms are most recognizeable. I row 5x a week and train at other times. I also take 5 courses at university. People talk about fatigue and whatnot, but I feel tired at times. Would I feel tired all the time, or would I even be able to be that active? I am 2.5 months into my point of contact and the anxiety of being testing is really bothering me emotionally and physically. Thanks in advance.

It is really difficult to tell you if your symptoms are attributed to HIV. This is especially true since you do not present any information on your ACTUAL risk for infection. In order for anyone to even suspect acute retroviral syndrome (the flu/mono-like illness that usually occurs within the first month of infection), some important questions need to be answered, like, what EXACTLY was your exposure? Vaginal or anal sex without condoms with an HIV infected person is the only activity that would raise concerns about symptoms.

Start thinking about your risk for infection based on your behavior (sexual, sharing needles), not the symptoms alone. That is working backwards and may increase your anxiety.

Anxiety about HIV could lead to feeling fatigued or depressed. Being in a university setting is stressful for many people. People who visit this forum frequently tell stories of being convinced that they were infected, only to realize after having a negative HIV antibody test that there symptoms were probably related to stress.

RMK

Different Stories from Doctor and HIV Hotline
Mucous membrane on the penis