Alcohol and HIV

Hi, please answer my question i'm worried sick! Two days before i got my negative test result i got very, very drunk, i am worried that this might have effected the accuracy of the test and also for a year before taking the test i used to get drunk once if not twice a week would this effect the accuracy? I feel i would like to put all this behind me and move on because i am getting married next year and i havent told my fiance anything about my test (the guys i slept with were before i met him) i just worry all the time, i even worry myself into thinking i have symptoms of HIV! Please tell me, can i move on? i was tested way past the window period (9 months). Thankyou for your help and advice.

Drinking alcohol will not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test results. Receiving a negative result nine months after your exposure means that you are HIV negative (not infected).

How do you assess your alcohol consumption? Do you "black-out" when you drink (meaning forget certain activity or situations)? Do you find that it's hard to control your drinking or do people comment on your drinking behavior? Is it interfering with your day-to-day life? Check out "Getting help for substance use" (http://www.thebody.com/whatis/druguse_help.html) at The Body if you answer yes to these questions.

RMK

oral sex (cunnilingus)
Different Stories from Doctor and HIV Hotline