Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

condom Types
Dec 9, 1997

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any other kind of condoms available? See I am alergic to latex therefore I cant use a regular condom. I am still a virgian but I would like to still practice safe sex. Therefore I would like to know if there is any other alternitive condoms, Where I could get these condoms and what is affectiveness or failure rate. Thank You,

C

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. The answer to your concerns can be found in the article, "So Many Condoms, So Little Time", found in the articles area of this website. Click on "Read Articles by Rick Sowadsky" (under my picture), to be taken to the articles area.

For persons allergic to latex, an option is to use condoms made out of polyurethane, a type of plastic. More information regarding these condoms can be found in the article mentioned above, and also in the posting, "Condoms".

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Previous
Any effective prevention other than condoms, dams, etc?
Next
When a condom breaks when having anal

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.