condom Types

I was wondering if there is any other kind of condoms available? See I am alergic to latex therefore I cant use a regular condom. I am still a virgian but I would like to still practice safe sex. Therefore I would like to know if there is any other alternitive condoms, Where I could get these condoms and what is affectiveness or failure rate. Thank You,

C

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. The answer to your concerns can be found in the article, "So Many Condoms, So Little Time", found in the articles area of this website. Click on "Read Articles by Rick Sowadsky" (under my picture), to be taken to the articles area.

For persons allergic to latex, an option is to use condoms made out of polyurethane, a type of plastic. More information regarding these condoms can be found in the article mentioned above, and also in the posting, "Condoms".

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Any effective prevention other than condoms, dams, etc?
When a condom breaks when having anal