Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Novelty Condoms

My partner brought a condom and she said it might be a japanese one. But after using it, I found that it is pink-colored condom. I'm worried because I suspect it a novelty condom. But it looked like regular latex condom except the color. Can you tell whether it is a proper condom?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. The color of the condom cannot be used to determine whether it is a latex condom or not. Latex condoms can come in numerous colors and styles.

If a condom is a novelty condom (which will not protect you against infectious diseases), it will usually say on the package, "For Novelty Use Only". If it is a latex or a polyurethane condom (which can prevent against infection with HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases), it will usually say so right on the package.

For more information about the different types of condoms available, read the posting, So Many Condoms, So Little Time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Are people now practicing safer sex more often?
Withdrawal method, STDs, and Pregnancy