AIDS WITHOUT HIV
Jul 5, 1996
I heard from my friend that you can contract AIDS without having HIV. Is this true? If so, please elaborate.
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
No. One CANNOT have AIDS unless one has the HIV virus. There are however other diseases that can lead to a damaged immune system, and have symptoms very similar to that of AIDS. Leukemia, a cancer of the immune system, is a very good example of this. But if you do not have HIV, you cannot have AIDS.
If you have further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- Burning Sensation In Groin Area
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.