What about Deusberg and others?

Mr. Sowadsky, I'm trying to understand why their seems to be a lingering controversy about HIV as the cause of AIDS, while at the same time trying to remain objective to both views. I think there is unanimous aggreement about a correlation between HIV and AIDS, but some confliction about whether it is or can be the sole cause. The thing that strikes me is that very prestigious scientists such as Duesberg and others seem to have ligitimate claims to at least bring the issue into question, but my general sense of this is that their viewpoints are being swept under the rug by the greater AIDS/HIV establishment. From your experience, do you feel the Duesberg minority is not being taken seriously enough and should perhaps be given more consideration or are they just mere trouble makers, and if so, what could their motive be? Your thoughts would be appreciated. It seems that this is either a VERY important issue or a very minor one. I'm trying to get an honest feel. Thanks so much.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

The medical establishment, medical researchers, epidemiologists, and the like, have given the "Duesberg People", more than enough opportunity to prove themselves. Unfortunately, the "facts" that Duesberg claims, simply doesn't support proven research and epidemiological data. There is over 15 years of data, and thousands of research articles, proving HIV is the cause of AIDS. However, there will always be people around who will dispute everything, despite overwhelming medical evidence.

As an example, you can still find "experts" who claim that cigarette smoking is harmless, does not lead to cancer or heart disease, and that nicotine in cigarettes is not addictive. Years of research, and thousands of research articles have proven otherwise. In this world, anyone can say anything they want. But they have to prove themselves before making such claims.

If you listen carefully to the HIV naysayers, you'll quickly discover that they often tell half-truths, misinterpret medical information, and make claims with no medical basis in fact. When confronted with proven medical information, they often refuse to believe anything medical research says. Often such people are trying to sell a book, as books that are controversial, often make money. Often times, they are people just trying to attack "the system".

This disease has been known for 15-20 years. Medical research on AIDS has been done worldwide, by both government and private companies. There is no worldwide cover-up, as some have claimed. The medical data is widely available at any medical library. But in this day and age, anyone can say anything without having to prove themselves. Everything I say comes from written peer-reviewed research journals, spanning over 15 years.

For more information on this issue, see the questions, "HIV: Cause? or Correlation only?", and "AIDS vs. Idiopathic CD4 Lymphocytopenia."

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Going Insane
Donating corneas, other organs or cadaver