A. I. D. S. deaths raw data and calculations

Where's the raw data?: 1. deaths attributed to A. I. D. S. 2. date of birth of the deceased 3. sex 4. race/culture/language 5. income 6. citizenship 7. date of infection 8. date declaired A. I. D. S. patient 9. number of new infections on a given date recorded via tests administered around the country

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your questions. Much of the data you're looking for already exists right here on the Internet. The US Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a publication entitled "HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report" which summarizes much of what you are asking about for the United States. This report is available on the World Wide Web at:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/hiv_aids/stats/hasrlink.htm

The report includes data for both HIV and AIDS. Although all states have AIDS reporting, not all states have HIV reporting. Therefore, our data for HIV is more limited than our data for AIDS.

We do not normally keep data on the citizenship, nor the income level, of persons diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in the United States. We also do not keep data on the "date of Infection" since often the patient themselves do not know when they became infected. And for states that do not have HIV reporting, we cannot say how many people tested HIV positive during a given period of time.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Should I tell someone his/her partner has AIDS? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
Are A. I. D. S. epidemic deaths increasing at an increasing rate?