Understanding HIV+ psico effects The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

Hello Reverend, I'm Chris, HIV-, 31 years old male guy, living in Brazil. I have a very special woman in my life, wich is HIV+. We are deeply in love and having a real good relationship, based in respect, faith, trust and much love and dedication, sharing all of our ideas, dreams, plans, etc. I need to demonstrate power and hope every time for her, but sometimes I am afraid about the future, and for how much time she will be with good health. I love her, and I would like to do what's possible and impossible to give her a happy and full life. Sometimes I would like to understand her better, her feelings about life, her fears. It's not easy see her talking about her beautiful dreams with tears in her eyes. So, I need to believe and hope always to look to her with a happy face, even if my desire is cry. Please help me with some important words and congratulations for the incridible work at this site. Thank you very much Chris

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. It's very difficult for me to answer a question such as this. If you have a support group available to you locally, they may help you talk about these situations with others who are going through the same thing as you.

My other suggestion is to ask this same question to Reverend A. Stephen Pieters, who also has an interactive Question & Answer page, here at "The Body". His page is listed in the expert section (along with Dr. Gallants and myself). He can help you more than I could for a situation such as this.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

What services can a hotline provide?
Should I tell someone his/her partner has AIDS? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions