Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Understanding HIV+ psico effects The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions
Jan 9, 1997

Hello Reverend, I'm Chris, HIV-, 31 years old male guy, living in Brazil. I have a very special woman in my life, wich is HIV+. We are deeply in love and having a real good relationship, based in respect, faith, trust and much love and dedication, sharing all of our ideas, dreams, plans, etc. I need to demonstrate power and hope every time for her, but sometimes I am afraid about the future, and for how much time she will be with good health. I love her, and I would like to do what's possible and impossible to give her a happy and full life. Sometimes I would like to understand her better, her feelings about life, her fears. It's not easy see her talking about her beautiful dreams with tears in her eyes. So, I need to believe and hope always to look to her with a happy face, even if my desire is cry. Please help me with some important words and congratulations for the incridible work at this site. Thank you very much Chris

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. It's very difficult for me to answer a question such as this. If you have a support group available to you locally, they may help you talk about these situations with others who are going through the same thing as you.

My other suggestion is to ask this same question to Reverend A. Stephen Pieters, who also has an interactive Question & Answer page, here at "The Body". His page is listed in the expert section (along with Dr. Gallants and myself). He can help you more than I could for a situation such as this.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Previous
What services can a hotline provide?
Next
Should I tell someone his/her partner has AIDS? The Body: Rick Sowadsky M.S.P.H., C.D.S, Answers to Safe Sex Questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.