Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anal Sex
Feb 14, 1997

Rick, I'm needing some help on figuring out why my body is reacting this way. My partner and I have anal sex, and he ejaculates into my body...we don't use a condom. A couple of hours later, I'm plagued with a terrible case of diarrhea. He claims that he might be "too acidic" or something to that degree. Have you heard of this before, and what is causing this to happen?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

I indeed have heard of this happening to some people. It's hard to say what the exact cause may be. It may be your body's response to exposure to semen. It may be your body's response to the physical stress anal intercourse. But it's hard to know for sure what is causing this.

If it's your partners semen that's causing the problem, you have two options here. Either he doesn't ejaculate inside of you, or he could use a condom. In fact, if there's any possibility that he has HIV or other STD's, he should be using a condom anyway. If the problem continues if he doesn't ejaculate inside of you, then you'll at least know what isn't causing the problem. Sometimes however, it's hard to know the true cause of this problem.

The only other thing I can say is that if the problem continues or gets worse, you may wish to see a physician. This can rule out any medical problems as the cause. I can fully understand how this would be difficult to talk about with many physicians. Therefore, try to talk to a physician you already feel comfortable with, if at all possible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

Previous
premature ejaculation
Next
Information on aids resistant people who test positive for HIV but never develop active AIDS.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.