Anal Sex

Rick, I'm needing some help on figuring out why my body is reacting this way. My partner and I have anal sex, and he ejaculates into my body...we don't use a condom. A couple of hours later, I'm plagued with a terrible case of diarrhea. He claims that he might be "too acidic" or something to that degree. Have you heard of this before, and what is causing this to happen?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

I indeed have heard of this happening to some people. It's hard to say what the exact cause may be. It may be your body's response to exposure to semen. It may be your body's response to the physical stress anal intercourse. But it's hard to know for sure what is causing this.

If it's your partners semen that's causing the problem, you have two options here. Either he doesn't ejaculate inside of you, or he could use a condom. In fact, if there's any possibility that he has HIV or other STD's, he should be using a condom anyway. If the problem continues if he doesn't ejaculate inside of you, then you'll at least know what isn't causing the problem. Sometimes however, it's hard to know the true cause of this problem.

The only other thing I can say is that if the problem continues or gets worse, you may wish to see a physician. This can rule out any medical problems as the cause. I can fully understand how this would be difficult to talk about with many physicians. Therefore, try to talk to a physician you already feel comfortable with, if at all possible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

premature ejaculation
Information on aids resistant people who test positive for HIV but never develop active AIDS.