Thank you for your help

Mr. Sowadsky I would like to take this opportunity for the service you provide. 7 months ago I had an experience that raised my fears of HIV. Over the course of these months I was very scared, and relied on the information that you provided. I became a hypochondriac, fitting every symptom to possible HIV and in many ways, made matters worse for myself. Looking up statistics, calculating possibilities, making myself sick with worry. I got up the nerve to take a home HIV test, as I realized that the endless worry was just as detrimental as any possible outcome. The result was negative. But I have learned how to appreciate everyone that is scared to death about this and how it affects everyone. Thank you for your service.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your comments.

Your case highlights the fact that a person can put themselves under enormous stress for fear of having AIDS, and later on test HIV negative. It's always good to hear when a person tests negative. I'm glad this website was able to help you through your HIV concerns.

One positive dating another
How far is far enough for pregnancy?