Web links to locate no charge STD testing, no appointment needed.
Sep 16, 1997
Your partner and you want to locate via the INTERNET where you both can walk in without an appointment to get tested together for all sexually transmitted diseases including HIV human immunodeficiency virus, tuberculosis and immunized for hepatitis B and A for no charge. What is available via the INTERNET to locate exactly where potential partners or partners can walk in without an appointment to get tested together for everything and immunized for no charge? Some of us are looking for geographically arranged listings including addresses, telephone numbers, and hours. Are there any lists of sexually transmitted disease clinics and genitoinfectious disease GID units in medical centers?
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question. To my knowledge, there is only one place on the Web that can provide you with this type of information. It is available on the National AIDS Clearinghouse website. The website address is:
In addition to this website, there are many telephone services (hotlines) that have this information for you as well. These services will often have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of local clinics providing the services you are asking about. However, very often, they will not list the costs of the tests, nor whether an appointment is required or not. That information can be obtained by calling the clinic directly.
Many local health departments offer the services you requested for free or very low cost. Remember that many places require an appointment, and most clinics charge for their services. However, some clinics may charge by sliding scale fees (the less you can afford, the less you pay). Not all the services you are asking about are available at all clinics. Many (but not all) clinics that do HIV testing, also provide services such as STD testing, TB testing, and immunizations. Always call ahead to determine if an appointment is required, what services are offered at that clinic, the days and times the clinic is open, and how much their services cost.
If you are looking for local clinics, you have several options.
1) Visit the website shown above.
2) Look in your local telephone book for the number of your local health department. Health departments are often operated by the local city, county or state/province. The health department is often listed either in the white pages, or in the government section of your local phone book.
3) You can call your local AIDS Hotline for the names and addresses of local clinics. To find out the number of your local hotline, look in your local phone book, or go to "http://www.thebody.com/hotlines.html."
4) If you live in the USA, you can e-mail me the city, county and state you live in. I can then tell you the names and addresses of local clinics providing these types of services. My e-mail address is "email@example.com". However, I do not have a listing of clinics for locations outside of the USA.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 1-800-842-AIDS (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
- Cut By Clippers At Barber Shop Hiv Risk
- Elisa Test 3 Months Conclusive
- Getting Hiv From Being Fingered In The Butt
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.