TB infection

Dear Rick,

My niece is with us for a short holiday. My wife has inactive TB and has been

under multi drug treatment since mid June. My niece has just received her TB jab.

Is it safe for her to be exposed to my wife?

Thanks so much

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question. A person with Tuberculosis (TB) is only infectious to others if they have active TB in their lungs. If that were the case, that person would be in an isolation room in a hospital. If a person does not have active TB in the lungs, or if they have TB in other parts of their body (outside the lungs), they do NOT pose a risk to others. In this particular case, your niece would not be at any risk of infection with TB.

Poppers
Competitive in Sports with HIV ??