percentages between men and women
Nov 11, 1997
By what percent do men get HIV rather than women?
Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question. A breakdown of AIDS cases by gender for many countries, can be found in the Weekly Epidemiological Record, published by the World Health Organization. As of today, the latest AIDS statistics for many countries can be found in the Weekly Epidemiological Record, Volume 72, number 27, dated 4 July, 1997. To read these statistics go to the following website:
The breakdown by gender can be found in Table 2 of this report.
For the United States alone, please go to the following website for AIDS statistics:
I must make a few warnings about the statistics in these reports:
1) These statistics only include persons diagnosed with full-blown AIDS, not HIV alone. There are no reliable statistics for most countries for HIV infection (without a diagnosis of full-blown AIDS). In fact, even in the USA, we do not have reliable statistics for HIV infection, since HIV is not reportable in all states. However, full-blown AIDS is reportable in all places in the USA.
2) Statistics by gender is only available for a limited number of countries. Not all countries report AIDS cases by gender.
3) For most countries, the statistics available by gender are only for the previous 3 years, that is, 1994, 1995, and 1996.
4) In many countries (especially "Developing/Third World" countries), reporting has been very poor. Therefore, HIV/AIDS data for many countries may be incomplete, and may not be accurate of the true scope of the epidemic.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "firstname.lastname@example.org" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neuropathy In Rectum
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- What Are The Best Ways To Fight Against Hiv Aids?
- Can You Increase Cd4 Count With Nutritional Supplements?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- How Much Acidophilus Should I Take For Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.