Thanks to Dr. Rick

I would like to thank Dr. Rick on the very informative

forum and questions he has provided answers to. I have

learned a lot about safe sex and prevention. I have also

recently tested negative on an HIV test at 6 months. I also

promised myself never to put myself through that stress again. The worry of hiv almost ruined my life and academic career during the six months I had to wait to get tested. I realized that sex is not as self fulfilling as it may seem. It could be potentially life threatening. I am glad I realized this before it was too late. I would like to thank Dr. Rick again for the information that will help me practice safe sex in the future. It made me realize how precious life is.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your comments. Life, and health are indeed precious. We cannot change the past. We can only change the present and the future. We must all learn from what we have done in the past, and take responsibility for our actions. Sex is much more than just enjoying yourself and expressing your emotions. Having sex involves understanding the risks (STDs, unwanted pregnancies etc.) and taking responsibility regarding those risks. This website is here to give the Internet community important information about HIV and other STDs. This website also gives you the opportunity to learn from the experiences of other people. Using this information, people can then make changes in their behavior, in order to lower their risks for these diseases in the future. For people who already have HIV or other STDs, this information can help people live better with their illness, and increase the quality of their lives.

Thank you again for your comments. It is greatly appreciated.

If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "nvhotline@aol.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!

patient hospitalized with aids
diagnosed aids cases statistics worldwide 1983-1996