|Where do you get your information from?
Aug 11, 1998
Hi Rick, Thank you for the time you have invested in keeping us all informed and up to date on HIV/AIDS. With all the conflicting advice and views on contracting and preventing HIV, where do you compile your information from, and how do we know it is from a trustworthy and factual source? I'm not trying to "downplay" your insight on HIV/AIDS, but who do we trust? Thank you in advance.
| Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Hi. Thank you for your question. My information comes from a variety of sources, including:
1) Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2) World Health Organization (WHO). 3) Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 4) National Institutes of Health (NIH). 5) reports published in the medical literature, available through the National Library of Medicine.
For more information about conflicting HIV/AIDS information, read the posting, Why Is There So Much Conflicting AIDS Information? Who Can You Believe?.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.