How to contact the Nevada AIDS Hotline

can you or your staff be contacted on an international tel no.,ie.not a toll free 800 no. which can be accessed only in the USA?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question.

The Nevada AIDS Hotline ( ) can answer your questions about AIDS, other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), and safer sex. This 800 number can be called from anywhere within the United States or Canada. This is a free call. The hotline is open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm Pacific Time. If the line is busy (or if you are calling when the hotline is closed), you will get our voicemail system. If you get our voicemail system, you can leave a message, and we will return your phone call as soon as possible. If you do not live in the United States or Canada, you cannot call this 800 number.

If you are from another country, you will need to call the administrative office for the hotline. The number is 1-775-684-5941. This is a telephone call that you will have to pay for (it is NOT a toll-free number). We do not accept collect calls. If you want to reach me personally, I am most often available at this number Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm Pacific Time. However, since I have many other commitments and responsibilities, I am not always available at this number. If I am not in the office, you will need to call back again at a later time. The administrative office does not return phone calls to international phone numbers.

In addition to calling these numbers, you always have the option to contact the hotline by e-mail. The e-mail address is nvhotline@aol.com.

What is HTLV-III?
Taking unecessary tests: one man's story