|Regret for having sex because I'm so young
May 4, 1999
Recently I haved oral sex with my Boyfriend now I regret it Because I'm so young (13) and I promised my mom I would't have sex of any kind.What should I do? Please Help.
| Response from Mr. Sowadsky
Thank you for your question.
There is no single or easy answer to a question such as yours. The feelings you have now are natural and understandable. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Let me offer you some suggestions on how to better deal with your feelings.
1) One of the most important things to remember is that you cannot change the past. What is done is done. But you can learn from the past to help you make good choices now and in the future.
2) If you feel comfortable about it, tell your mom about this, and tell her exactly how you feel.
3) If you do not feel comfortable talking about this to your mom, you may want to discuss your feelings with another adult who you feel comfortable talking to (for example a teacher, guidance counselor, an adult friend or neighbor, a pastor, priest, rabbi, etc.).
4) You could also discuss your feelings with a close friend.
5) Now would also be a good time to learn more about the responsibilities about having sex. More information on this topic can be found in the posting, Reducing your risk besides using condoms.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.