HIV testing requirements for children entering the USA

I am a u.s.citizen living outside the u.s.a. I have one child 12 years old and I am going to apply for him for a green card. my question is.When I apply for my childs green card in a u.s.embassy outside the u.s. can the embassy force my child to take the hiv test.Till what age are children applying for a green card are not required by u.s.law to take the hiv test.Does the law concerning children, apply for all u.s.embassies aroung the world,or is it that certain u.s.embassies may require the hiv test for children and others may not.

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. For the answers to these questions in your specific situation, you will need to contact your local US embassy or consulate directly. More information about HIV issues related to immigration and green cards can also be found on the website of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). I also suggest that you read the HIV/AIDS and Immigration page here at The Body. For information on a similar topic, see the posting, Immigration laws in the USA relating to HIV.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call the Centers for Disease Control at 1.800.232.4636 (Nationwide).

How do you get Tuberculosis (TB)?
Fear of someone purposely trying to infect me