The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rash on Genitals

Nov 5, 2001

I experienced flu like symptoms 3 weeks after a possible hiv exposure and now I also developed a Rash on the head of my penis. Could this rash be hiv/herpes related or are rashes for hiv usually on the trunk or face?

Response from Mr. Kull

It is important that you rely on the clinical advice of a medical professional in person when experiencing symptoms that concern you. While it is important that you educate yourself about HIV and STDs, diagnosing yourself over the internet is not wise.

Rashes related to recent HIV infection commonly appear on the trunk of the body. If you are concerned that the rash on the head of your penis is related to a sexually transmitted infection, see a medical professional as soon as possible. You can also look at some detailed pictures of STDs to get an idea of what symptoms look like(


Am I Crazy
Safe Sex?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint