HIV in a smoke filled environment

I had read, from a supposed health "expert" from Columbia Universisty that,

"HIV is a fragile organism, and its survival outside the body in the smoky air of a bar is estimated by scientists to be just a fraction of a second."

What are you comments on this statement ?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Thank you for your question. Put very simply, HIV does not survive outside the body for more than a few minutes, regardless of how much smoke is in the air. In addition, HIV is not transmitted through airborne contact (breathing it in, coughing, sneezing, etc.), regardless of whether there is smoke in the air or not.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "nvhotline@aol.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!

Person with HIV not washing their hands
EMS workers (Emergency Medical Service)