Risk of HIV going to the dentist

is going to the dentist for simple oral hygene work a risk for hiv?

Response from Mr. Sowadsky

Hi. Thank you for your question.

Whether you go to the dentists office for a routine teeth cleaning, to have a cavity filled, or any other dental procedure for that matter, you are not at risk of infection for HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, nor any other bloodborne disease. Dentists and their staff are trained in Universal Precautions (infection control procedures) preventing the transmission of these diseases to their patients.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me at "nvhotline@aol.com" or call me at (Nationwide). I'm glad to help!

Is it safe to take a bath with a person who has HIV?
Man accused of injecting infant son with HIV