simple sex and the walking dead

Recently I had protected sex with an hiv infected female aferwards I have been having AVS symptoms as posted on many sites. I dont know what to do because I am so stressed out. I have never been sick or had this many pains in my life until now so I know something is wrong and I been having a high heart rate when I do a small activities. I went to the doctor and he said that iam stressed out because my blood pressure was high . What are the chances or risk I might get hiv from this one time thing.

Most of the research literature to date (including the NIH's infamous report on condom effectiveness) demonstrates that intact, latex condoms that are used through sexual intercourse are highly effective in preventing the transmission of HIV. This means that it is highly unlikely that you were infected in the episode you describe. That also means that your symptoms are probably unrelated to HIV infection.

It does sound like you are anxious. If the anxiety continues despite the low likelihood of infection, I really encourage you to talk with someone qualified in assessing anxiety and anxiety disorders (a psychiatrist is most qualified). Doing that might ease the difficulties you are experiencing. Check out the National Institute of Mental Health's page on anxiety for more info(http://www.nimh.nih.gov/anxiety/anxietymenu.cfm).

RMK

Worried about daughter. Help Please!
If I can live through this I will never stray again!