The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pubic bump

Oct 27, 2001

ok well i have this flat pink bump on my uper left hand side of my pubic regin it has been there for a while im not sure what it is . i thought it might have been an ingrown hair but im not quit sure i was hoping you could answer my question. thanx!

Response from Mr. Kull

Unfortunately, it's really difficult to guess what this bump is related to. Diagnosing symptoms or conditions over the internet is problematic on many levels. It's fine for you to do some research and learn more about your body, its functions, and different illnesses or conditions you might experience, but you ultimately need to rely on the clinical expertise of a medical professional for any questions about symptoms that cause you concern.

This bump may not be anything of concern. The skin in your pubic region may have small bumps where pubic hair grows, moles, skin tags, and the like. It is important to recognize what the skin around your genitals looks like and recognizing any changes that occur in the area. A bump that has been there for as long as you remember that doesn't cause any problems or discomfort is probably harmless. If you are sexually active and you notice sores or growths where there were none before, you may want to have a check up (especially if they cause discomfort).

If you want to look at some graphic pictures of STDs, check out the following link (


Confusion about transmission of HIV
Virus survival and cuts

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint