pubic bump

ok well i have this flat pink bump on my uper left hand side of my pubic regin it has been there for a while im not sure what it is . i thought it might have been an ingrown hair but im not quit sure i was hoping you could answer my question. thanx!

Unfortunately, it's really difficult to guess what this bump is related to. Diagnosing symptoms or conditions over the internet is problematic on many levels. It's fine for you to do some research and learn more about your body, its functions, and different illnesses or conditions you might experience, but you ultimately need to rely on the clinical expertise of a medical professional for any questions about symptoms that cause you concern.

This bump may not be anything of concern. The skin in your pubic region may have small bumps where pubic hair grows, moles, skin tags, and the like. It is important to recognize what the skin around your genitals looks like and recognizing any changes that occur in the area. A bump that has been there for as long as you remember that doesn't cause any problems or discomfort is probably harmless. If you are sexually active and you notice sores or growths where there were none before, you may want to have a check up (especially if they cause discomfort).

If you want to look at some graphic pictures of STDs, check out the following link (http://www.thebody.com/sowadsky/symptoms/symptoms.html).

RMK

Confusion about transmission of HIV
Virus survival and cuts