Flavored & Colored Condoms?

Hi there -- I actually have two questions I hope you can help me with.

1. I heard that colored/flavored condoms are not as safe as 'normal' ones? Is this true? I have some flavored ones which do say they offer protection from STDs/HIV -- should I not use these kinds?

2. I've been reading about mutual masturbation here -- if semen comes into contact with the urethra, is this still considered mutual masturbation, or something else? Is that a significant risk?

Thanks for all your help!

Colored and flavored latex condoms are held up to the same standards as regular latex condoms. You may want to avoid using flavored or scented condoms for vaginal or anal sex because of the POSSIBILITY of irritation (any chemicals on condoms may contribute to irritation of the mucous membranes of the vagina or anus, but the FDA does not support or deny this). Flavored condoms are intended for oral sex, and are considered safe to use for oral, vaginal, and anal sex. Colored condoms are safe to use for oral, vaginal, and anal sex.

For an answer to your question on mutual masturbation, see my recent response to "Mutual masturbation..." (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q80232.qna).

RMK

RAPID TEST!
transmit