|Prostitute Safe Sex
Oct 17, 2001
Please help. I recently had protected sex with an amsterdam prostitute. I used a condom, nothing broke or tore. I deeply regret what I did and am worried to death. What are the chances of an STD ?
| Response from Mr. Kull
Latex condoms provide excellent protection against HIV transmission. They also provide protection against many other sexually transmitted infections, but not all. Any sexually transmitted infection that can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact (like herpes, HPV/genital warts, and syphilis) can still be transmitted because condoms can't cover all areas of skin in the genital region.
See "Can you get an STD if you use a condom?" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/PreventionSexual/Q2973.qna) for more info.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Percentage Of People Could Be A Hpv Carrier?
- What Over The Counter Products Can Help Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.