Can Lesbian woman transmit STD's to each other?

Hello. I really need your help. I am a Lesbian who has not had sex with a man in over two years. I receive annual check-ups as well. A recent check-up discovered that I have Chlamydia? I have been with the same woman for almost two years. Is it remotely possible that I contracted the disease from her or vice versa? I really need an Answer! Thank you.

The most important thing is that your chlamydia infection was detected during your check-up and that you can receive treatment that will cure the infection. It is estimated that 85% of women with chlamydia infections (the most common sexually transmitted infection) will not have symptoms. So it is possible that you had been infected from a previous partner and did not realize it.

Chlamydia is known to cause infection in the cervix/vagina, rectum and urethra. Transmission is known to occur through anal and vaginal sex when infected fluids come into contact with the mucous membranes of the genitals. While it is theroetically possible that infected fluids could be transmitted from one female to another during sexual contact, there is no clear evidence that it happens. Just to be safe, your partner should see a doctor and request treatment so that you do not reinfect one another. You may also want to abstain from sex, or use latex barriers during sexual contact, until you complete the antibiotic treatment.

RMK

3rd generation Elisa??????
is glans of penis made up of mucous membrane?