infection from using other's tooth brush

I really appreciate for your service. Before putting the question, i have gone through the entire site looking for answer to my question, because i don't want waste your precious time.

Today morning i woke up and because of dizziness( because i slept so late)and thinking about something i went to the bathroom and used my roommates tooth brush. While brushing i realized that there would be some thing different with the brush. I immediately looked the brush and was so confused and horrified because i was using my roommates brush. Still now i am thinking why this happened. I have been blaming myself. It never happened in my life. My roommate used that brush yesterday evening. I know that there is risk involved in sharing the brush or razor. What consoling me is there was about 12 hours time gap between his and my brushing. I know that hiv can't survive much time. Please answer me whether i should worry about this incident or simply ignore it.

Thanks you very much.

If your roomate is infected with HIV, it is highly unlikely that HIV would be transmitted to you by sharing his toothbrush twelve hours after he used it. Frankly, transmission through sharing a toothbrush is not a likely event (there is no actual evidence that HIV has been transmitted this way). It is recommended that one does not share the toothbrush or razor of an infected person because blood left on the objects could transmit HIV. However, transmission is highly unlikely because HIV does not survive in the environment long (see http://www.thebody.com/cdc/survival.html). These recommendations exist as a precaution for those living with HIV infected individuals.

RMK

My story(read to get some courage)
Transmission through cuts