Sep 29, 2001
can dogs transmit hiv if they lick a cut on your leg which is bleeding while the dog is teething and might have blood in its mouth. My dog could have licked someone elses cut right before he licked my cut. Is their any risk?
| Response from Mr. Kull
Dogs cannot transmit HIV. Animals do not get infected with HIV and do not transmit HIV. See my response to "HIV antibodies in animals" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionNon/Q10960.qna).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex With Condom
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sensual Massage
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Sucking Penis
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Breast Milk?
- Are Night Sweats A Symptom Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.