The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Sep 28, 2001

i am a heterosexual male with one partner, I have been diagosed with herpes a long time ago and every now and then the symptoms do crop up, I am now experiencing some different symptoms that will not go away but I am not sure if they are herpes related or not, after sex, certain higher friction areas of my penis get raw/sore it remains red and tender scabs over and then remains slightly inflamed and tender after the scabs fall off, I have also noticed some swelling near the hole, what is this and is it herpes related?

Response from Mr. Kull

I really can't diagnose symptoms for you. If you have questions about particular symptoms, it's best if you talk with your doctor about them, and maybe make an office visit while you are experiencing the symptoms.


Bleeding and pain after sex
oral sex with condom

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint