Thought I was being safe!

First, thanks for this site, it really does help calm fears to some extent. I have a question regarding a recent encounter. I was really trying to be safe, but before intercourse occured, my partner rubbed (very briefly - 30 seconds) his penis against the outside of my vagina and slipped it in. As soon as it went in, I forced him out, but now I am terrified that perhaps if pre-ejaculate was present, I could be at high risk. This person was fairly promiscuous!!! How risky was this encounter? Thank you very much.

You are not at high-risk for infection. While a brief exposure to HIV infected fluids may be sufficient for transmission to occur, the odds are against it. It sounds like you did your best to avoid having unprotected intercourse, so try not to be hard on yourself.

RMK

Quick question; vaginal secretion
Oral sex changes