A whitehead on the penis?

Dear Ryan,

About five years ago, I became involved with this guy intimately. I noticed what looked like a whitehead ( pimple) on the front of the head of the penis. I was with him for a few years and this never went away. After a awhile, I noticed that I had something similiar on the inside of my top lip. The dentist says it's normal, but I'm not so sure. I am really embarrassed about this and that's why I haven't asked my doctor. This is really bothering me because I wander if maybe I have some sexually transmitted disease. I have no symptoms whatsoever. Do I have a reason to be worried? I would truely be grateful if you would reply. Thanks

You probably do not have any reason to worry, but why don't you do your best to talk with your doctor about it? I know that it can be difficult and embarassing to talk with someone about your sex life, but doctors are specifically trained to deal with ALL medical issues without personal judgement or criticism. After all, you may find out that this "pimple" is normal, as your dentist says.

RMK

Gonorrhea and HIV
Sexual preference ?