|Is an annual physical enough?
Sep 6, 2001
I am nervous as hell about taking an HIV test, although I take an annual physical like clockwork? Can a physical reveal anything that would provide insight without taking the test?
| Response from Mr. Kull
It is unlikely that an annual physical will reveal asymptomatic HIV infection. Clinical and standard laboratory exams may only detect HIV infection during the late stage of infection (AIDS), when opportunistic infections may be present and immune function is severely compromised. The only way to effectively determine your HIV status is to have an HIV antibody test. Try talking to your doctor, counselor, or experienced friend about your fears of taking the test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
- Lower Back Pain And Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- Syphilis Treatment Before Penicillin
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.