Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Location of mucous membrane
Aug 31, 2001

Dear Ryan, probably you have answered my question already in your forum many times but I still hope you can answer my question? I had sex with a Chinese prostitute six months ago. We had only safe sex (with condom) oral and vaginale. Which part of the penis consists the mucous membrane? When the condom covers the penis for more than 50 and the top of the penis is not coming in direct contact with the vagina, is there still a chance to transfer HIV. Vaginale fluid is always coming in contact with the skin of the man (of course a little bit) is this dangerous? Thanks for helping me ... I appreciate it a lot!

Response from Mr. Kull

When talking about the penis, the mucous membranes are limited to the urethra in circumcised men, and possibly the urethra, head of the penis, and foreskin of uncircumcised men. HIV does not cause infection when coming into contact with intact skin. The shaft of the penis is covered by skin which HIV cannot penetrate.

RMK

Previous
Herpes and kissing
Next
why do some take longer to develop HIV antibodies?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.