Chlamydia

dear Doctor: I have maybe a stupid question, but my life now is a hell. Is it possible have Chlamydia during years whithout symptoms?. Doctor says me that I have Chlamydia. (No problem, I cure with Zitromax). The problem is that I faithful to my girlfriend. I had previous relationships with other girls. Please, It,s posible that we had Chlamydia for a before relacion, and now I discover this. Please, I need yor answer. Thanks, and sorry for my English

Yes, it is possible to have chlamydia for years and not experience symptoms. Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a type of bacteria. It infects the cervix in women and the urethra in men, and uninfected mucous membranes coming into contact with infected semen or infected mucous membranes could become infected. Chlamydia is transmitted by having unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

Many infected people, like yourself, do not experience symptoms at all. If one does experience symptoms, they are usually characterized by discharge, burning or pain upon urination (peeing), painful intercourse for women, pain in the testicles for men, rectal or cervical inflammation, and/or abdominal pain, nausea, fever. However, since most people do not experience symptoms it is important that people at risk get screened, especially women. Untreated chlamydia can cause sterility and other complications.

Since you have been diagnosed with chlamydia, it is important that your girlfriend receives treatment; people who have been exposed are often treated without any screening tests. It is very important that you are both treated before you have any sexual contact with one another. Chlamydia infection can be cured with Zithromax treatment.

RMK

Answers to Symptom questions
htlv