Size?

Ryan,

I had "rough" sex last weekend with a man who had a large penis. When I went to the restroom to clean up I was bleeding. We did use protection, but I am still scared I may have become infected. I know the risk is low but with the blood so very much present I fear somehow I may have got the virus. He claims the condom did not break but I am still very scared. Could you shed some light on my anxieties and tell me if I should be scared? Thanks a million

If the condom was used correctly and remained intact throughout anal sex, your risk for infection is very low, practically zero. The amount of bleeding you experienced will not have any effect on the effectiveness of the condom and your risk for infection. It would be a whole different story if you hadn't used a condom.

Take care of yourself when you have anal sex. While it is difficult to do any serious damage to yourself during receptive anal sex, it is possible. Having "rough" anal sex can lead to other problems such as hemorrhoids or fissures. Use plenty of lubrication and stop having anal sex if you experience prolonged discomfort or any bleeding. If the bleeding persists over time, please see a doctor.

RMK

Oral Questions
Newly HIV+With HIV- What's Safe?