Oral Questions

Ok I just read a report that involved 198 people(I think they were all male but not sure) who were followed over a two year period to see if they contracted HIV via oral sex. The results were one person...maybe because his infection was traced to a period of time before his behavior was limited to oral sex. My question is this, do you belive this puts the odds of infection through oral sex off the charts in other words does it mean that its an exstream long shot at best? What about oral sex with a woman would this mean it would even be more difficult to aquire HIV through performing orally on a female? Could you or do you know of any one who has any idea of an estimate on the odds of infection via oral sexual contact? Whats your opinon?

Please see my response to "Receptive oral sex: new info..." (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q64772.qna).

It is important to remember that this is just one study with a relatively small sample size. It is difficult to generalize the results of the study into a number that accurately represents the risk of infection through receptive fellatio for everyone. The study basically reflects what researchers have been speculating all along: the risk of infection by performing oral sex an HIV positive man is low, much lower than having unprotected vaginal or anal sex. There are only a few documented cases of transmission to a person performing oral sex on an HIV positive woman.

RMK

TESTS , RESULT , STILL WORRIED
Size?