rimming and blood in saliva
Aug 27, 2001
How likely is it to get AIDS from someone rimming you that had some blood in his saliva? Would hemmorhoids be a factor?
Response from Mr. Kull
Infected blood coming into contact with your mucous membranes (the lining of the anus/rectum) poses a risk for infection. There is only one published case of transmission occurring oral-anal contact (rimming). I do not know if having hemmorhoids at that time of this contact would increase your risk for infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Lips And Hiv Transmission
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Hiv If I Wore A Condom?
- If The Viral Load Is Zero Does That Mean You Have Cleared The Hepatitis C Virus?
- Will Kissing Someone Who Has Chlamydia Infect Me?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.