rimming and blood in saliva
Aug 27, 2001
How likely is it to get AIDS from someone rimming you that had some blood in his saliva? Would hemmorhoids be a factor?
Response from Mr. Kull
Infected blood coming into contact with your mucous membranes (the lining of the anus/rectum) poses a risk for infection. There is only one published case of transmission occurring oral-anal contact (rimming). I do not know if having hemmorhoids at that time of this contact would increase your risk for infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is B12 Deficiency A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can Hiv Be Detected After 6 Weeks?
- Does Hiv Lower White Blood Cell Count?
- How Long After Contracting Hiv Would I Notice Symptoms?
- What Does A Rash Look Like If You Have Hiv?
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.