break in condom

i am a male whom had sex in a bath house/sauna with a female.

while having viginal sex the condom broke. please can you tell me if it is harder for a male to get HIV from a women while having sex? could you also tell me how long i have to wait to get tested?

In general, it seems that the receptive partner in anal and vaginal sex is at greater risk for infection than the insertive partner. Recent studies conducted in Africa suggest that certain factors may increase the risk of infection for the insertive partner; not being circumcised and the presence of sexually transmitted infections may increase the risk for infection.

For transmission to be possible, you need to have mucous membrane or bloodstream exposure to HIV infected fluids. Condom breakages do not always result in this, which is why the CDC states that the majority of condom failures do not result in HIV infection. See my response to "Condom Failure" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/PreventionSexual/Q2944.qna) for more info.

As always, HIV antibody testing is not accurate unless you get tested 3-6 months following exposure.

RMK

Symptoms of HIV?
From Tanzania HIV +ve and still having sex