sex with hiv positive girl

i recently visited a prostitute and as the usual i told her to give me a blow job first(without condom) then after i eracted i proceded to insert my penis into her vagina(with condom) but half way through i lost my eraction and so she gave me a blow again. then i inserted my penis into her vagina without a condom and pumped a few times(5 or 6) then i realised i did not put on my condom and went on to put it on. after the whole thing the girl told me she is hiv positive and i got scared. am i at risk of getting infected? please answer my question thankxs cos i am scared to death!!!!!

Knowing that you had unprotected insertive sex with a woman who is HIV positive does increase the odds for infection (when compared to, say, unprotected sex with someone of unknown or low-risk status). In one episode of unprotected insertive vaginal sex with an infected person, the odds for infection are low. Recent estimates of per contact risk are about 1 in 500 (see "Recent Study of Per Contact Risk" http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q13167.qna). Certain factors, like her viral load, the presence of blood, and sexually transmitted infections, can have an influence on your risk for infection. HIV antibody testing is advisable at least 3-6 months following this exposure.

So, let's read between the lines. You didn't realize that you weren't wearing a condom? I don't buy it. That's sort of a difficult thing to not notice. It sounds like you were having a difficult time keeping your erection with a condom on (which is the case for many, many men) and so you went ahead with the sex without one. Maybe you had some performance anxiety and wanted to take advantage of the moment. Sex and anxiety can be a powerful combination, so it's important for you to be aware of the factors that contributed to the unprotected sex. You didn't do anything wrong! Just try to be more honest with yourself about the situation.

It's understandable that you would be scared. Try to keep in mind that a one time exposure like yours is relatively low-risk, but that with future episodes of unprotected sex with high-risk partners increases the odds for infection.

RMK

12 month test because of coinfection?
Persistant Swollen glands, -ve hiv test @ 10 months