feces exposure

I was having protected anal intercourse with a man of unknown status when a large amount of feces covered the condom. I removed it, and wiped my penis of any feces, and washed immediately. What is the risk involved here.

Exposure to feces does not pose a risk for infection with HIV, unless there is blood present in the feces and that comes into contact with your mucous membranes or bloodstream. Contact with feces alone has never been documented as a vehicle for HIV transmission. That fact that you were wearing a condom and washed yourself after the contact with the feces puts you at extremely low risk for infection.

Contact with feces does pose a risk for infection with hepatitis A virus, parasites, and bacteria, so it is important to be aware of any feces coming into contact with your mouth. Getting a hepatitis A vaccine is a good idea if you are sexually active (especially for gay men) or in a region where hepatitis A is prevalent.

RMK

just the facts: reinfection
does size matter