Negative test at 17 weeks but now have a body rash?

Hi Ryan,

I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a prostitute about 8 months ago. The condom did not break, so my risk seemed pretty low. Let me also point out that I have always practiced safer, vaginal sex- even with girlfriends. I had no AVS symptoms, but I decided to take an HIV test at 17 weeks post exposure and it was negative. I assumed this was long enough, given that I had a low risk encounter. At about 7 1/2 I started to develop a rash on my arms, belly, and the middle part of my back. It looks like bug bites and doesn't itch. I went suntanning a week ago and the rash seemed to lessen, but it hasn't totally gone away and it's been almost two weeks. Could this be a really long seroconversion symptom? This is the only symptom I am having, so I am just wondering if you think I need to test again?

Thank you.

You should have symptoms that you are experiencing checked out by a doctor. The fact that your exposure was low-risk and that you had a negative antibody test 17 weeks after exposure are good signs that the rash is unrelated to HIV.

RMK

Women more likely to get infected?
Lubrication