Oral Sex When Having A Sore Throat

Hello RMK. Can I cause any harm if I perform oral sex when I'm having a sore throat or flu? Can this transmit STD or any disease?

You are probably not going to CAUSE any harm. Having intimate contact with someone when you have the cold or flu might give them the cold or the flu, but can't give them anything else unless you have something else (like an STD). It is not advisable to perform oral sex when you have a sore throat on someone whose HIV and STD status you do not know because of the risk that is posed to YOU. Inflammation of mucous membranes, whether they are in the mouth/throat, penis, vagina, or rectum, may be more prone to sexually transmitted infections. Maybe you want to hold off on oral sex and stick to other types of fluids until you get better.

RMK

Can I get STDs by oral sex with uninfected person?
blood on hands