Anal sex w/ condom BUT other factors?

I had anal sex with another guy that I didn't know his status last weekend. I, later, called CDC to ask for advice. A specilist simply said my case was a low risk because both of us used condoms. Well I was trying to ask more info but he was trying to end the conversation. So I have no where to go now.

Situation: He was a top at first. Then I took turn as a top. Last he was a top again with a different condom and lube/ NO ejecuation. We finished it with each of us masterbating separately.

Factors: His hand might have precum from touching his penis before he put his condom in at the first and second time he topped me. I also felt really hurt at the second time but I was certain he had a condom on from the friction that I felt. (I didn't see when he put the condom on the second time but I saw he was looking for it and the light was off. He is a short-blided person and was the one who asked if I had protection.) We kissed but he 'd never opened his mouth at all, which could be either he didn't like me that much or he wanted to protect himself. What would be the possibility of being infected from this case?

2. Precum is known that it does contain HIV virus, how long could HIV virus on pre-cum stay out of the host body (his penis). Since we took turn for at least 5 minutes or more for each topping session, could HIV virus in the precum on his penis stay alive longer than 5 minutes? I was told by another CDC specialist that HIV would die within a few seconds after it left the host body.

3. From 2, if HIV could NOT stay longer than a few seconds, would the intensity of the HIV in the pre-cum matters in this case? I was worried that the precum and the lube mixed together could carry HIV virus that may still alive and stay on the condom into my butt that was hurt.

Please advise. I tried to read from many different places but there is no specific information that covers these factors.

Thank you for being there (here) for all of us.

Worried Man

Dear worried man-

Latex condoms that are used throughout sex and do not break, tear, or slip off are highly effective in preventing the transmission of HIV. If they weren't, we'd see more people getting infected through the scenario you describe (getting some pre-cum on the outside of the condom before engaging in sex). Studies of couples that are of mixed status (one HIV+, the other HIV-) and use condoms consistently demonstrate that infection rarely, if ever, happens. This is a crucial piece of information to keep in mind.

Pre-cum of HIV infected people can contain HIV, but it is not clear how much pre-cum it might take to cause infection. The pre-cum that would come into contact with the condom in the episode you describe would probably be so minimal that the risk for infection would be negligible. Also, HIV does not survive long when exposed to the environment (see the article by the CDC http://thebody.com/cdc/survival.html).

There is no evidence that HIV is spread through kissing.

It sounds like this incident made you anxious, maybe on more levels than is evident. Clearly you are concerned about HIV, and that makes sense. Few people aren't. But if your anxiety persists after a safe sexual encounter like yours, there must be other factors contributing to your anxiety. Sex? Feelings about this person? Guilt? Sex with men? Religion? The future? Or maybe you tend to be anxious about health-related stuff (which would be important to examine with a mental health professional). The possibilities are endless, but worth exploring.

RMK

Playing basketball
Can I get STDs by oral sex with uninfected person?