Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

apthous sore
Jul 23, 2001

Hello, After a possible exposure to HIV I developed a apthous sore on the inside of my cheek. I had no other symptoms could this be a sign of ARS? Also, doesn't oral sores during ARS go along with the rash? Also during ARS dont almost all people develop a fever and other symptoms? Please keep up the work you are doing a great service for the community.

Response from Mr. Kull

Apthous ulcers, commonly known as canker sores, occuring alone, without other symptoms, are probably not indicative of acute retroviral syndrome. Fever, rash, and fatigue are more commonly experienced among people with ARS. ARS is extremely difficult to diagnose in the absence of a risk history and certain diagnostic tests.

Apthous ulcers could have many different causes, many of which are not clearly understood. See my response to "Canker Sores" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Symptoms/Q9668.qna) for more info.

RMK

Previous
About swallowing...
Next
Please, What is the deal with HIV and DEEP Kissing?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.