Insertive anal sex partner. My condom broke!

I recently had gay anal sex with a partner of an unknown status.I was the inserting (top) partner. Before I ejaculated, I pulled out my penis and saw that the condom had broken. I masturbated quickly after that and quickly washed with soap and water within a minute or so.I then urinated about 15 minutes later. I read in the article "Per contact risk of HIV: Odds don't tell the whole story" that the risk of infection is about .06 for the inserting partner for a given contact. Would the fact that I did not cum inside him and washed quickly reduce that probablility even more? I don't have reason to believe he's positive, (he swears he's clean) I am just very cautious and this has never happened to me before. Perhaps I'm overly concerned about nothing. Your response would be greatly appreciated.

The fact that you did not ejaculate inside of your partner should not have any effect on your risk for infection. Washing your penis afterwards would probably not have any benefit either. The odds for infection in one episode of unprotected insertive anal sex are low, as stated in the article you read. It is possible that the condom provided some protective benefit, but that depends upon when and where the condom broke. The CDC states that the majority of condom breaks do not result in infection.

A condom breakage can be a stressful experience for many people. It is important that you review the details of your sexual encounter in order to recognize any factors that might have contributed to the condom breakage. See my response to "Condom Failure" for more info (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/PreventionSexual/Q2944.qna).

RMK

pre-cum and fingering
95